Good food, most times is, come-to-me-I'll-give-you-extra-500 calories food. It's good looking and inviting, yet extremely conniving and evil. You either burn it off in the gym or it'll burn you. It's simple mathematics. I have been on the famous General Motors diet for the last one month. I have lost 4.5kilos by eating lots of food, which is healthy, detoxifying and most times super delicious. Me and my husband have come to embrace this good-tasting-nutritious-healthy food with hungry stomachs and salivating tongues. Thursday evening, I was feeling a little funky and wanted to give a little fun twist to my humble lettuce salad. We had Crispy Tofu in Smoked Hickory Sauce served on a bed of lettuce and other greens. The simple recipe was finger licking good and up there on the health meter. Tender Tofu was cooked in a quarter teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and Hickory smoke BBQ sauce. I cooked it in a non stick pan till it was crispy on the outside yet nice and tender on the inside. This juicy piece of goodness was seasoned with a generous helping of Rosemary. It was served on a bed of lettuce dressed with a little honey mustard. The Tofu has a nice smoky aroma to it and the crunchy mustardy lettuce compliments it beautifully.

No comments:
Post a Comment