Sin is in! Satin slippery flour, heavenly garlic, red delicious tomatoes, luscious potatoes, fluffy cream, beautiful fresh basil, mozzarella yeah baby mozzarella ... it was little Italy in my humble kitchen.
So, I had gnocchi at The Blue Frog recently and had been wanting to rustle it up at home. These guys serve it with salsa and a dip...good finger food when you have great drinks to down it with. But I wanted to have mine the way a cuddly Nona in Naples would. Everything from the fluffy gnocchi dumplings to the gorgeous garlic mushroom and tomato sauce was made in La Mia Cucina!! Making these little fluffy pristine white pillows tests your patience and skill. But then food is like love, labour makes sweeter.
I prepared the dough with equal measures of flour and boiled mashed potatoes, salt and olive oil. Cut out little pillows, put water to a boil and dumped the gnocchi in it. When it started floating on top, voila! I knew the whiteness is ready to be devoured.
For the sauce:
I blanched the tomatoes, got rid of the peel. Gave the tomatoes, garlic, a little onion and half boiled mushrooms a slight blend. Cooked the sauce in olive oil... dropped in some cream ... Tossed in the gnocchi ... Dropped some shredded mozzarella on top. Before serving I threw in some glistening fresh basil and there you have it.
The gnocchi is good if you can polish off a platefull before you can say gnoccchhhiiii. Mine was!!So, I had gnocchi at The Blue Frog recently and had been wanting to rustle it up at home. These guys serve it with salsa and a dip...good finger food when you have great drinks to down it with. But I wanted to have mine the way a cuddly Nona in Naples would. Everything from the fluffy gnocchi dumplings to the gorgeous garlic mushroom and tomato sauce was made in La Mia Cucina!! Making these little fluffy pristine white pillows tests your patience and skill. But then food is like love, labour makes sweeter.
I prepared the dough with equal measures of flour and boiled mashed potatoes, salt and olive oil. Cut out little pillows, put water to a boil and dumped the gnocchi in it. When it started floating on top, voila! I knew the whiteness is ready to be devoured.


No comments:
Post a Comment